Providing students a voice
The HPSA Student Advisory Council (SAC) provides a student voice to the HPSA board and management and ensures that HPSA activities and programs offer the best possible support to students.
Current undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate students can join the HPSA SAC for a one-year term and reapply each year until they have completed their education.
SAC members gain valuable volunteer experience remotely. Students apply annually by submitting a letter of interest and resume.
Projects that the Student Advisory Council completed in 2021-2022:
- Developed a list of new tools and resources that HPSA could develop to help students
- Worked with the HPSA development team to create a new application, Activity Finder
- Reviewed and provided input for winning submission for Open Data for Good Grand Challenge
- Provided feedback on new courses for premed and pre-health students
- Supported HPSA at virtual conferences
Read about the Student Advisory Council Mission and Standard Operating Procedures.
Applying to the Student Advisory Council
Current undergraduate and graduate students can join the SAC for a one-year term and reapply until they have completed their education. To apply, students can send their resume and a cover letter explaining why they want to join to [email protected]. Applications are open from February 1 through March 31 of each year.