Providing students a voice
The HPSA Student Advisory Council (SAC) provides a student voice to the HPSA board and management and ensures that HPSA activities and programs offer the best possible support to students.
Current undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate students can join the HPSA SAC for a one-year term and reapply each year until they have completed their education.
SAC members gain valuable volunteer experience remotely. Students apply annually by submitting a letter of interest and resume.
Projects that the Student Advisory Council completed in 2021-2022:
- Developed a list of new tools and resources that HPSA could develop to help students
- Worked with the HPSA development team to create a new application, Activity Finder
- Reviewed and provided input for winning submission for Open Data for Good Grand Challenge
- Provided feedback on new courses for premed and pre-health students
- Supported HPSA at virtual conferences
Applying to the Student Advisory Council
Current undergraduate and graduate students can join the SAC for a one-year term and reapply until they have completed their education. To apply, students can send their resume and a cover letter explaining why they want to join to [email protected]. Applications are open from February 1 through March 31 of each year.