Improving healthcare in underserved communities
Our vision: All communities should have access to high-quality healthcare. We pursue that vision by assisting students from underserved communities to become healthcare providers in their communities.
- Identifying students from underserved communities
- Helping those students through college and into health professional school
- Guiding medical students into residency programs committed to serving healthcare shortage areas
- Encouraging residents to join practices and clinics in Health Professional Shortage Areas
- Encouraging students to take positions with the Indian Health Service and National Health Service Corps
We serve pre-health students, from current undergraduate students to nontraditional students.
HPSA provides a range of services and resources designed to help students from underserved communities increase their chance of admission to health professional schools.
Founded in 1983 to advance the study and promotion of primary care, our vision and mission is based on years of research.
Our team’s number one mission is to help all students achieve their goal of health professional school admissions.